Two years ago, the Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity (ECHO) was tasked with producing a report to identify promising approaches and interventions to address childhood obesity at the global level.
Recently, ECHO presented its final report to the WHO Director-General. The group proposed 6 main recommendations for governments to take action on, including:
1) Promote intake of healthy foods
2) Promote physical activity
3) Preconception and pregnancy care
4) Early childhood diet and physical activity
5) Health, nutrition and physical activity for school-age children
6) Weight management.
The full report is available here: WHO – Ending Childhood Obesity